Translate

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stepping into Sunshine

On this particular day I went to the bank to cash a check written to me. I stood in line and waited for the next available Teller. Before I knew it I was at the head of the line and I heard that word “Next.” I looked to the Teller, whom I had never seen before looking in my direction.

I told her I wanted to cash the check. Since, I didn’t have an account with the bank she asked to see my drivers license and another form of I.d. I gave them to her and she went to work. She seemed like she was preoccupied with something, like a bad morning or something going on with her personal life.

I waited patiently as she processed my transaction. During that time, I asked her how her day was going and some other things. Finally, her face broke into a smile and she warmed. I told her she looked best when she smiled. I can't tell you how bright her smile got. She glowed with sunshine.

From that point on I was known to her as Sunshine, a person with a positive attitude, high on life and a powerful energy.

The name of my blog came from that Bank Teller. Although I haven’t seen her in years, I wanted her to know she made as much of impression on me as I made on her. I hope she’s always Stepping into Sunshine.

No comments: