Translate

Monday, September 1, 2008

Grand Prize Sweepstake's Winner

My first story is that of a woman I ran into yesterday. I knew this woman from a place where I use to work. She was an ordinary woman who struggled like most of us working two jobs to pay for a place of her own.

I hadn’t seen her for a couple of months, so some time had passed between us. In fact, I wanted to see her because I needed to give her something I had of hers. It was one of those moments I consider to be pure, because it happened for a reason.

She said she would walk back with me to the car. On our way, she told me she had began her day by saying "There will be a miracle coming into my life and I will accept it." I thought this was a great way to start the day. Little did I know what she was going to tell me next.

I knew she was working hard to pay her bills and she made so many sacrifices just to survive. So, when she told me she was the grand prize sweepstake’s winner from a local grocery store I couldn’t believe it, but was so happy for her. When I found out, she won a brand-new car, I was ecstatic. In all my life I had never heard of someone winning something of this magnitude.

She looked at me and said "I didn’t know by saying this each morning it would work so fast." I wanted to share this story because she is one of us – someone out there working to survive and have a better life. Her story is one that should be heard to give people hope to believe, where hope has fallen to despair.

Believe that anything can happen to you and be thankful for all that you have. No matter where you are in life it could always be worse.

No comments: