Translate

Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Smile is All it Takes

This morning I stood in line like many of us do at my local Starbucks. By the time, I made it to the cashier to place my drink order I noticed she was frazzled. She was like a robot going through the motion, when I decided to ask “how are you doing today?” She looked up at me, like she was caught off guard. I greeted her with a warm smile. I repeated my question “how are you doing today?” A smile came over her face as she said “I’m doing good. Thanks for asking.”

Sometimes all it takes to turn around someone’s day is a simple act of unconditional kindness. A smile is all it takes to make a difference in someone’s day.

- Kaoru

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Smile can bring a whole lot of sunshine to a whole lot of secret of the life of a cashier in your local starbucks, your bank's teller,or whoever who hasnt started their days with the warm touch by the sunshine as long as he remembers.
the sunshine's warm smile can make a difference.