Translate

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Transform Fear Through Core Issue Work

Most of us have one or more core issues or challenges which surface repeatedly over the course of our lives. These issues are usually rooted in deep unexpressed fears. Depending on your perspective, core issues either cause all sorts of problems, or present many opportunities for transformation. When you choose to look at core issues as an opportunity, you are much more likely to transform your fears into learning tools which lead to a better life. Below are the most common core issues, their related fears, and suggestions for dealing with them.

Common Core Issues and Associated Fears

Abandonment – Nobody cares about me. I'm all alone. I don't matter.
Arrogance – I'm better than all of you. I'm too much. I'm right and you're wrong.
Damaged – Something is wrong with me. I'm a failure. I'm damaged.
Inferiority – I'm not good enough. I'm stupid. I'm worthless. I'm boring. I'm hopeless.
Rejection – I'm a burden. I'm unwanted. Nobody wants to spend time with me.
Shame – I'm bad. I'm evil. I'm a mistake. I'm a monster. I'm disgusting. I'm possessed.

Suggested Intentions for Transforming Fears, Core Issues

Abandonment – I am worthy of love. I can find ways to safely share myself with others.
Arrogance – I can learn from all around me. I can see goodness in everyone I meet.
Damaged – I am whole and complete just as I am. I can choose to love all of me.
Inferiority – I am a good, valuable person. I can make meaningful contributions to the world.
Rejection – I am an attractive, interesting person. People can enjoy getting to know me.
Shame – I can be gentle with myself. I can hold the best intentions for all deep in my heart.

Source: http://www.weboflove.org/coreissue

No comments: