Translate

Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Journey

I had to go a wandering
Leave everything behind me
I had to find the reason for my life
I had to go a seeking
and tracing ancient pathways
my lonely journey cut me like a knife.

I had to scale the mountains
of passion and possessions
I had to trawl the grave of poverty
but still my soul was urging me
to keep upon that pathway
the only one to set my spirit free

I could not look to others
To help me on my journey
The task was mine and mine alone
So many nights in torment
So many painful daybreaks
SO many times I cried out
To go home……

But now I have a new song
A different new perspective
A blessed new awareness of my role
It’s been a long hard journey
From that aching inner yearning
But not too long to go now…….
Until I am home!

- Alison Stormwolf

No comments: