Translate

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Inspire to Trust

As I sat eating my lunch, I looked out the window to the drive-thru lane outside. I watched a woman in her car leave the window counting her money as she drove off.

A few minutes later the women I had watched drive off had walked up to the counter. My first impression was that she was given the incorrect change. I think that’s what the person thought, when she saw the woman march up to her.

Then the woman reached out with a dollar bill in her hand. She said “you gave me a dollar too much.” The person behind the counter looked at her in disbelief, then her face quickly turned to one being very grateful.

I thought it was a great moment between two people. I found it inspiring to believe in trust and that there are still good people in this world who will make the right choice.

- Kaoru

No comments: